WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER EAR SURGERY
Look for signs of infection. If you have an incision, inspect it daily. Some drainage from your ear is normal after surgery. You will probably hear unusual sounds until total healing is complete, which generally is 4 to 6 weeks.
Unless instructed otherwise by your physician, return to the clinic in one week for packing and /or suture removal. Our staff doctors are assisted by 2 associate doctors to promote quality care.
CONTACT OUR OFFICE IMMEDIATELY IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS:
- Fever of 101 degrees or higher
- Persistent nausea/vomiting
- Ear drainage that increases and develops odor
- Increased pain, redness, or swelling of the incision site
- Facial pain, or facial muscle weakness
Note: This sheet is not specific to you or your child, but provides general information. If you have any additional questions, please call Paparella Ear, Head & Neck Institute at 612-339-2836.
Download a printable version of this information.